Thursday, July 22, 2010

Chicken Sandwich with Avocado Mayo


Coming up with titles for posts frustrates me. Try as I might, I just can't be witty.

Or, it could just be that my 2 year old sous chef insists on waking up way too early and wit is just in short supply.

Either way, I have occupied her with tales of Mickey Mouse and for once she isn't trying to "play computer". This will be a short post as I am sure she will change her mind soon.

This is a simple sandwich that I have made numerous times. I normally make this with sliced avocados on top. The result is often a too thick sandwich with pieces falling out. This time around I thought I would mash the avocados into a little bit of mayo!

The sandwich itself consists of:
bread (I had some buns on hand that I wanted to use up)
lettuce
tomato
bacon (I used turkey bacon, delish)
chicken breast



On either side of the bun I put the avocado mayo. Simply, it is a mashed avocado and probably about 2 tablespoons of mayo, a little salt and pepper.

Enjoy!

P.S. I'm throwing a shot of the newest sous chef, can you believe she is three months old already?

6 comments:

Brandy L said...

YEAH! A new post! You have been missed but you have good reason to not be on! How can you ignore that precious little face of your daughters. You have some beautiful girls and i'm sure they will be the next Sou Chefs in the kitchen. :D you still have readers such as myself. :D Looking forward to future posts!

TKW said...

Oh my God. Your little sous chef is absolutely beautiful.

Katherine Aucoin said...

Don't worry about the name! We want food - lol!

you have the most adorable sous chef...so precious.

katty said...

I love my kitchen,when i bought my house through costa rica homes for sale i expected to have a big kitchen and now i am really happy.

Cinnamon Girl said...

I suck at witty titles too! But at least the title tells people what their getting into by clicking...Hi! And your back! Yay! On my way over I was hoping for a glimpse of your little one - so adorable! And I love chicken sandwiches - the bacon and avocado really makes it.

Julie said...

What a beautiful little sweetheart...she's adorable!